Monday, December 7, 2009

it's official

after sitting for almost a year now i have decided to write an entry in our blog and join the cool kids in the blogging world. i am inspired by all my wonderful friends and family and look foward to keeping in touch with everyone!

well, what can i say? life is good. rich and i have been married for almost a YEAR now. how crazy is that?! we'll be coming up on our one year anniversary on december 27th. we have had a great year!! in honor of our first year being married i thought it would be fun to come up with our top 10 stories for 2009 (or in other words or first year of marriage)

1. learning to drive a manual car in the land of narrow, hilly streets. a very big accomplishment for me that i thought i'd never accomplish at the time
2. rich taking and passing his second year boards. woo hoo!!
3. watching BYU football games every saturday with friends and yummy food
4. playing countless numbers of monopoly games (i'd say maybe around 100 games)and rich always kicking my butt no matter what i do!
5. visiting family coast to coast and even in different countries (canada) :)
6. cheesecake brownies have been our dessert staple this past year. we are in love!
7. taking advantage of student price tickets to musicals including les mis and into the woods. so fun!
8. 4th of july in pittsburgh--i'd highly reccomend it. pre fireworks motorcrossed show and best fireworks we've ever seen.
9. buying our very own baby christmas tree and getting to decorate our apartment for christmas togehter. i love christmas!
10. both enjoying our callings--rich as young men's president and me teaching the crazy but very cute six year olds in primary



it's been a great year and we can't wait to see what's in store for us in 2010. if i don't write until then merry christmas and happy new years!!!!!!!! i love you all.

9 comments:

  1. Excellent! Great pictures and summary. You two are a great couple but way too competetive when playing others like your fathers. (Take no prisioners attitude.) We love you and appreciate your keeping us informed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it also looks like you are still on PST.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for blogging. I'm so impressed. I wanted to be one of the cool blogging kids too but in the last two years, I've only managed to blog 8 or 9 times...sigh...

    I loved your top 10 - your dad will be so proud :). You've had a wonderful year. Congrats on your almost one year anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was so excited to see your first post ever...and it was a good one! I'm so excited we get to stay here this whole next year and hang out with you guys during the summer. It's going to be awesome. I am adding you to my blog friends list right this minute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your blog! Now I'm going to want to check it all the time. I love all the pictures and the great updates. I think you two are just the cutest. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAAAAAAAY you have a BLOG! i am soooooo excited!!!!!!!! love you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your pics! You guys look so great! I am excited to read your posts...even if they are yearly! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  8. loved this post! haha. youve joined the blogging world! :) now lets be friends!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You guys are seriously too stinkin' cute. Mark and I laughed when we saw that Rich was YM's president. He would be such a good leader. Mark and I are teaching the Sunbeams in Primary! Don't you just love it? The kids are just adorable... most of the time. Also, I think I need to get the recipe for brownie cheesecake yumminess. That sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete