To start off the summer with a bang rich and I were able to take 2 weeks off school/work and head out west. We flew into SLC and spent a little over a day hanging out with friends and family. From there we drove to Idaho falls to spend a week at the Williams family reunion with rich’s side of the family. The week included golfing/swimming at hicee, a family talent show (rich and I sang a duet “you and I” by Ingrid michaelson complete with rich playing the ukulele), a 80th birthday celebration/decades dance in honor of rich’s grandpa, a tennis tournament, softball, frisbee golf, 4th of july parade/fireworks and a trip to Rexburg to see my cute school. It is changing so much I can’t believe it! We had such a great week spending time with family, I wish we could see each other more often. We were also about to see my grandparents and spend a night with them, as well as see cami, mark and all of their cute kids.

From Idaho falls we drove to seattle, Washington to spend the next week with my family at my grandma’s. it was SO good to see them! I was able to spend my birthday with my family. birthday festivities included a much needed hair cut, shopping, claim jumper for mud pie and a birthday dinner at grandma’s house complete with aunts and uncles. I love seattle. It was fun to show rich around where I grew up. We went by my old house/school/church. We went to pike place market which is my favorite place. We went to game works. We played tennis with my dad and sister. We went to the lake and saw my friend Alicia. We saw a movie (Last Airbender—don’t see it! The TV show is sooo much better) Rich and I went to work for my dad one morning. I was able to work on a craft project with my grandma just like old times. We were also able to see where Abi and Arie live and spent a day with them—favorite part was going to their local farmers market and finding these cute hats. It was great. I love my family and was so happy with how many people I was able to see on this trip!

Back in Pittsburgh we managed to have tons of fun as well. We saw a pirates baseball game, played some tennis, volunteered for the Special Olympics, went to two concerts in the park (Ingrid michaelson and Guster), Rich went on a canoeing trip with the young men. we also volunteered at a fancy pants art gallery/party called cosmopolitan pittsburgh with our friends brook and linwood. Two weeks after we got back Abi and Arie and baby Evelyn moved out to Pittsburgh! In just a few weeks we will both be living in a duplex together. It is going to be a party! It has been great having them here. We went to Ohiopyle, about an hour and half from here and had a picnic and played in the water. They are famous for their natural rock water slides. The water was a little low (and cold) but we had a blast.

The perfect end to our summer was a week at Outer Banks, NC. On our way we were able to spend some time visiting Rich's cousin Patrick in Charlottesville, VA. We had so much fun seeing where he lived, the University, eating delicious food and wandering through their wonderful farmer's market. he even cooked us some chard (still undecided whether i like it or not) :)So back to Outer Banks... We stayed on a huge three story house right on the beach with some dental school friends. We had SO much fun!! The weather was beautiful, the water was so warm, it was perfect. We spent the majority of our time at the beach/pool but we did venture out and did a few things. We saw the Hatteras lighthouse which was really cool, went to some sand dunes (close to where the wright brothers first flew their plane), had some Carolina BBQ, went on a bike ride, and explored some of the shops around. We didn’t want to come back that’s for sure.

p.s. sorry about the collages, they don't do the pictures justice but i hope you at least got a little taste for what each place was like!
Brittany I love love your blog! It's so fun to read, you seem like you live such an exciting life! All those vacations sound soooo fun. It almost makes me regret being a bum and taking classes all summer long :)No, it was good - - now only a couple more sems. till I graduate. And I caaan't wait!
ReplyDeleteSo I was looking on my cousin's blog (Nicole Gneiting) the other day and spotted you in a few of her pictures! It was so funny! It totally makes sense though, especially now after reading your blog about that joint vacation. Man that sounds perfect, and I bet having all those couples come along made the cost not so bad either... awesome!
I hope you're doing well, glad I got to see you over your busy summer, sometime we'll have to have a bigger longer reuniting, maybe a trip to Brazil?! haha
ps, cute pictures. Love them all.
Love you.
Putting everything in one blog probably doesn't do justice for the individual activities. It does make it sound like you and Richard were very busy during the summer and really had a great time. Having been with you on some of those activities, I know that whenever you guys are there, it is a better activity.
ReplyDeleteyou are looking so dang cute! i miss you! and your hair is getting so long. you pretty :) looks like a great summer, friend.
ReplyDeleteso fun...I'm coming on vacation with the two of you next time :)! LOVED seeing you both this summer. hugs and kisses...
ReplyDeletelooks like ALOT of fun!
ReplyDeleteI love that you both are enjoying married life without kids. It is a topic of conversation once you do have kids...everyone will say "I wish we would have done more..before the kids came". I'm thinking you and Rich will not have that regret, keep playing and just enjoying each other
ReplyDelete