Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Our epic road-trip

Saying goodbye to Texas was sad. We were only there for 7 months but in such a short time we had made some great friends. We stayed with the Bushman's the night before our closing. I loved seeing our girls play together one last time but it also kind of broke my heart. I hate goodbyes. 

We tried. haha. That's all I can say.  Maza and her best friends Bella & Grace. 

April 6th we officially closed on our house, waved goodbye to our beautiful home and hit the open road. A visual of our trip:

First stop: OKC

We drove up to OKC that afternoon and spent the evening with Cardon's. It was fun to be back and see Beth and Maza together again. The Park's also stopped by which was fun to see them. Our old place still looks the same. A few new things here and there but for the most part it felt like we never left. The next morning on our way out we stopped at Eileen's bakery and also over at the Pratt's to say hi to Diane. Oh how we love the Pratt family. and Oh how I love Eileen's monster cookies. 

Aimee, Beth, Maza & I. Such cute friends!

Next stop: Laramie, WY

My best cousin Kendal was home in Wyoming for a few weeks with her new husband Ian before school started so we just had to stop by and hang out for a few days. The first night we stayed out in the country house with them. We of course busted out the monopoly and made a B&K's restaurant for breakfast for the boys. They put up with our antics and got a delicious breakfast out of it. It was so much fun to be together. That evening we all went into town and stayed with Alan, Amy & crew. Alan made delicious Thai food and we played games and visited all evening. In the morning we said our goodbyes and we were off again!

Exploring in Wyoming

Kendal & Maza

Rich, Britt, Kendal, Ian & Maza
Up Next: Utah 

The next two or so weeks we made ourselves at home in Utah. Thanks to Mike& Chauntel and Grandma and Grandpa for letting us stay so long! We usually are so rushed when we come to Utah so it was so nice to actually have time to visit with lots of friends and family. 

Lots of fun with Wirrick cousins at Grandma's. We loved begin at Grandma's, especially Maza, doing crafts, feeding the chickens, playing outside. 

We spent one day over at BYU and met Jerusalem friends for lunch at J-dawgs. So fun!!

Mommy daughter date at Chuck E Cheese. Maza looooved it. 
Lots of good food while in Utah. Cafe Rio!
So much fun getting to hang out with these ladies. We haven't all 4 been together since EFY when we were 15 (We think?) This is at the Zoo and then later we had just the girls weekend in SLC. LOTS of shopping, good food, talking, laughing, matching ;)…Love these girls!

Happy Easter! 4 generation pic. 

Maybe not such a happy Easter after all. The night before half the house came down with a terrible stomach bug and it just kept spreading like wild fire. The only ones who managed to make it through were Rich, Maza, Mom &Grandpa… anyone else?  UGH. Worst. Sickness. Ever. 

We got to meet baby Wesley for the first time and spent some time down in SLC with Jayne, Jason & Matt. Maza looooved their doggies and especially loved walking them to the park. 

SLC temple. Perfect night. 
Maza & Reagan.  Reagan was so sweet with Maza. They would do everything together. 
We had so much fun with the Wood's. We especially loved going to Trafalga and playing Laser Tag & games. Maza was not so sure about the Frogger but Ben & Luke took good care of her :)

Utah continued: The Ranch

We made a quick drive down to Modena Utah and got to visit Rich's Uncle Mike & Aunt Coleen on their ranch. It was amazing. No cell service, just acres and acres of land. It was beautiful. And so fun. Maza could def. be a country girl. She loved the dogs and cows and Tex the horse and riding 4 wheelers to feed the pheasants. She just ate it all up. It was a very relaxing few days. I also had the best snack I've ever had. Roasted pine nuts. mmmm. I salivate just thinking about them. They were So. Good. I must find out how to get my hands on some. 


Maza with Uncle Mike and Bo the dog.

Maza and Tex.


Utah still: St. George

On our way to the Grand Canyon (or so we were planning on) We stopped in St. George to see Rich's cousin Julie and meet their triplet boys. It was so fun to meet them and visit for a bit. Thanks to Dave who told us The Grand Canyon probably wasn't open yet and called to find out for sure. He was right. I would've never thought to check. I didn't know it was ever actually closed. haha. I guess there are two entrances though and the one we were planning on going to was still closed for 3 more weeks. So, last minute change we just decided to drive right to California.


Dave, Julie and their 3 adorable babes. 

Next stop: Ramona, CA

So we learned a lesson on this drive. Never EVER drive from Utah to CA on a Sunday afternoon. Worst. Traffic. EVER!!! Why oh why do so many people go to Vegas? It was ridiculously painful driving through that stretch. So many people. I didn't even know there were so many people. Everywhere was crowded. Bathrooms, rest stops, restaurants, roads. UGH. I decided I hate people after this drive. We were sooo grateful to finally get there. And luckily not have to drive anywhere else for a long time. 

Rich stayed with us for 3 weeks, and then Maza & I stayed another 3 weeks while my parents went on their cruise and I stayed with Lexi & Halli. We had lots of fun. We went to the beach, saw some movies, went on a few dates, had sister adventures, Maza looooved being in CA this latest visit. She loved going swimming, swinging, playing upstairs, exploring. I loved going out and reading every nap time by the pool. By the end of my stay I had read 12 books and had myself a pretty good tan :)

Mother's day sale at the bird store. Rich's cousin Kathleen and fam met us there and we visited and went out to lunch. So fun to meet their cute baby!

Pool baby

Fault in our Stars! We also had Emily C, Zack and Kyle join us ! I hadn't seen my friend Kyle for like over 6 YEARS!!! It is always fun seeing old friends. 

Beach day!! Maza wasn't a huge fan of the water but loved the sand.

cheetos and sand. yum.

Ingrid Michaelson concert. Double date with Lexi & Jarrett. So much fun!! 

We were home for Mother's day so we got to Skype with Tay tay! Love her. 

Mt. Woodson hike.



Rich got up to Oregon the end of May and then Maza and I flew up on June 6th. So a total of 2 months on the road. Rich found us a great little town home in Medford. We are mostly unpacked and just getting settled. I think we are going to really like it here. Thank you to all our friends and family that made our trip so amazing. We love you !!!






1 comment:

  1. I love your adventures! This is so exciting. We're wrapping up our 1 month trip and I can't really imagine doubling it. I hope we can see you and your family sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete