Monday, May 4, 2015

Zoe Bradshaw's birth

So I know I am a little behind but we finally put all the pictures on our computer so I am motivated to update our blog. So let me back up to March...

Two days before my due date (3-15) I had a doctors appointment. As he checked me he said I was ready to go anytime and he would induce me tomorrow if I wanted. (So tempting) I decided to give her a few more days and to hopefully make it until my mom came. I was thinking Wednesday would be perfect. My mom would fly in Monday night. We would have Tuesday to go shopping, show her the ropes, enjoy the day together then have the baby the next day. So Zoe was perfectly fine hanging out and never tried to come on her own so we went in for my induction Wednesday morning (3-18-15) 

Short and sweet labor story: 
We checked into the hospital at 7 am. They broke my water. We walked. They started some pitocin. Nothing. Lunchtime they upped my pitocin. Starting to feel contractions. Watched some house hunters.  Contractions getting painful. Ready for epidural. Takes about half hour for anesthesiologist to come. By that point really really ready for epidural. Get epidural.  Feeling awesome. Can feel contractions but no pain. Yahoo. My nurse tells me I can maybe take a nap and she will come check on me. I am feeling lots of pressure so she asks if she can check me. I am dilated to a ten and ready to go not 5 minutes after I got my epidural. My nurse tells me to forget the nap we are going to have a baby. Doctor comes in. Push for 5 minutes. Baby Zoe makes her debut. A perfectly healthy baby girl. 7 pounds 8 oz. born at 3 pm. 

Mom and Maza come and visit. I loved seeing Maza meet Zoe. She was so sweet with her. I feel so blessed and so in love with my little family. 









1 comment:

  1. That picture of you and your two sweet girls got me all choked up! Babies are such amazing blessings. My sisters are my best friends, so I bet future best friends were probably born that day! So exciting! :) Love and miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete